Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Keeping Afloat


Today started out so hard. Grace was up at midnight vomiting. She was so miserable. It's in moments like these that my faith starts to falter and I ask, "why would God allow this?" I started to think of all the suffering people in the world, of all the parents who lose their children to simple but serious maladies like diarrhea and malnutrition. Then I remeber that we serve a God who goes through our suffering with us, and I'm certain that he feels our pain in a deeper and more real way than anything we will ever understand. It's true he doesn't magically rescue us out of all of our suffering, but he will not leave us alone in the fight. His presence becomes our refuge.

This is the video that Chad loves that he watches when we start to feel abandoned.

(I personally think his whispering is a little creepy sounding, but overall I give it a two thumbs up.)

The good news is after Grace took another dose of nausea medicine this morning she didn't immediately vomit it up again and it actually started to help her. She took a bath and enjoyed it. Grandma came over so I could do some shopping and Grace and Luke happily watched a movie and munched goldfish with Grandma.


After lunch, Noni (Grandma2) and Auntie Bren and Uncle Will and "The Cousins" came to play. Grace was feeling so well she got up and actually played for the first time in two days. She has a new love for food and cooking. I love that she's seeking out new things to do and be excited about instead of be sad about what she can't do anymore. She's become my number one helper and cooker and cooked in her play kitchen and with Noni all afternoon.


She was so excited for her giant card from her preschool.  Our friend who dropped off dinner tonight also packed Grace a coveted Bento box lunch for tomorrow with rice pandas and quail eggs. Amazing. Grace has been talking about her little friend's rice pandas for months. Now I know why.


She fell asleep early on the couch this evening before dinner, ate a little, brushed her teeth and eagerly climbed into bed. Her prayer tonights was, "Dear God, please help me feel better quickly. Please help my medicine heal me like ninjas fighting cancer. Amen."

4 comments:

  1. I love Grace's prayer tonight. I hope Jesus heals her like ninjas fighting cancer too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not for sure how I came about your blog, but I want you to know my heart goes out to you and I will be praying for you daily. I may live on the other side of the country, but if your path ever leads you to St. Judes , please let me know and I will be more than happy to open my home up to you during your stay. With love from Tennessee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Your daughter is beautiful. I want to say that there is hope. Please watch this video from Youtube (link below). Dr. Bob Beck's protocol has cured many leukemia patients naturally. It cleans the blood and makes blood healthy again. Do research about it. It does work. Did you know the cure for cancer has been found many times before but the big pharma companies don't want you to know because they won't make money. Every one of those doctors have been persecuted before for their findings. Do your own research about what he says and you will find other doctors who have done the same. I have done a lot of research and read about Dr. Gearson therapy, Dr. Budwig and other natural medicine for cancer. God made our bodies to heal ourselves but all the bad stuff in our food and water has clogged our immune system.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkiX0jJJozk This other link is a testimonial from a mother whose son (2.5 years old) had acute leukemia and survived. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhj9UwC_urc Cancer is a fungus and it feeds on sugar, no oxygen and on an acidic environment. Keep your little girl away from sugar, make her blood alkaline, or do the Dr. Beck protocol. I wish you the very best with your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came across your blog through your change petition and I just wanted to say hello, and that we're praying for sweet Grace! My husband is an ALL survivor from the early 80s so there is a special place in our heart for those facing this intimidating disease. Hang in there Mama - you're doing an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete